Call for Abstracts
Abstract submission closed
Abstract submission for the BIH Symposium 2018 has ended on January 29, 2018. The review of all submissions is in progress and notification of acceptance will be sent in mid-February 2018.
Scientists and clinicians at any career stage working on innovative projects with potential relevance for translation and systems medicine were invited to submit their abstracts in order to present their own research at BIH Symposium 2018. Abstract submission was open to all research fields.
The scientific organizing committee reviews all abstracts to ensure that the topic of the submission is consistent with the scope of the topics covered at the symposium. The most exciting contributions are selected for short talks and/or poster presentation. A condition of submission is that, if accepted, the talk and/or poster will be presented at the symposium by one of the authors.
Important information on the submission of abstracts:
- Abstracts will be accepted in English with a maximum length of 1,500 characters incl. spaces and should not contain tables or pictures.
- Abstracts should contain a concise phrasing of the title.
- When submitting an abstract, you need to provide the last name, first name and affiliation of the presenting author and of all additional authors.
- The abstract should be informative. Therefore, please use scientifically common terminology.
- The abstract should contain detailed information about the research questions, the essential method(s) and the results of your project. In addition, please describe the translational and systems medicine aspects of your project and how it integrates different disciplines and holistic approaches.
Further information on the course of events:
- If your abstract is selected for a short talk or poster presentation, you will be notified by mid-February 2018.
- Short talks will be limited to 10 minutes, with additional 5 minutes for discussion. Further information on presentation slides etc. will follow.
- Posters will be presented in a dedicated poster session and in all breaks. Further information on poster sizes etc. will follow.
- Poster presenters will also be considered for a limited number of pitches within the frame of Poster Blitz sessions.
- All accepted abstracts will be included in our abstract booklet that will be distributed to all symposium participants.