Stellenangebot (in Englisch): Bioinformatician – NGS Data Analysis (f/m)
The BIH core unit bioinformatics is looking for a highly-motivated, detail-oriented individual. You will be responsible for NGS data analysis in translational research projects. Our team is passionate about understanding genetic variations and how to transform data into clinically actionable results. The ideal candidate will be a team player with in depth understanding of sequencing data and software development.
Job duties include:
- Design, implement and deploy NGS data analysis workflows
- Select and benchmark methods and tools, define and perform appropriate QC measures
- Develop innovative sequence analysis approaches when standard methods are not adequate
- Automate processing and results reporting and delivery
- Interpret and present analysis results to coworkers and collaborators
- MS degree in bioinformatics, computer science, genetics, or similar plus at least 3 years work/research experience in NGS data analysis, relevant PhD is a strong plus
- In depth understanding of computational methods for NGS analysis and the usage of public data resources required; good understanding of NGS protocols is a plus
- Sound experience in cancer genomics or genetics of rare diseases required, experience with application in the clinic is a plus
- Good knowledge of existing bioinformatics databases and file formats
Excellent programming skills in bash and Python required, experience with Java, R, database systems, and web technologies is a strong plus
- Demonstrated ability to produce well designed and documented code
Proficiency in using git, good knowledge in software engineering and test automation
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot problems with academic software is required, ability to work well with existing code base and quickly trace and solve problems is a strong plus
Proficiency working in a Linux/SGE cluster environment
- Team oriented with good written and verbal communication skills, experience with working in interdisciplinary teams centered around a biomedical question and with external collaborators is a strong plus
Salaries are set according to TV-Charite up to level 13, according to qualification and experience. Appointments are made for an initial period of 2 years with possibility of extension. Please send your application to cubibihealth.de by 24th of April.
The Charité Universitätsmedizin Berlin meets the personnel decisions on the suitability, competence and professional performance. When equally qualified, we prefer people with severe disabilities. In addition, we aim to increase the proportion of women among academic staff and encourage women to apply. When equally qualified women will be given priority in the context of legal options. Applications from people with immigrant backgrounds who meet the recruitment requirements are welcome. Should any difficulties in the interpretation occur, the German version of this job offer shall be binding.