HOW TO CONDUCT A PRECLINICAL ANIMAL SYSTEMATIC REVIEW & META-ANALYSIS (in Englisch)
Through a mix of lectures and hands-on practical activities and tutorials, you will learn the major steps required to undertake a systematic review and meta-analysis of preclinical animal studies.
Please contact us if you are interested in attending our next course (Alexandra Bannach-Brown, PhD)
- Understand what a systematic review is and why to perform one.
- Understand the components of a good research question.
- Understand the components of a protocol.
- Understand the importance of preregistering your protocol and where to register.
- Learn how to develop an accurate systematic search strategy.
- Learn how to screen records for inclusion against preset criteria.
- Understand the steps required for data extraction including study design information and quantitative data.
- Learn how to assess studies for risk of bias and reporting.
- Learn how to conduct meta-analysis of effect size data using RevMan or R.
- Understand how to report your completed systematic review.
Sarah McCann, PhD | QUEST Center for Transforming Biomedical Research, Berlin Institute of Health
Alexandra Bannach-Brown, PhD | QUEST Center for Transforming Biomedical Research, Berlin Institute of Health
Torsten Rackoll, PhD | QUEST Center for Transforming Biomedical Research, Berlin Institute of Health