ADVISORY FOR INNOVATORS AND ENTREPRENEURS
Our advisory services for BIH and Charité innovators span across all other service areas and include:
- Coaching and mentoring for translational projects in the validation fund
- Information and support regarding intellectual property and commercialization in the areas of pharmaceuticals, diagnostics, medical devices and digital health
- Information and support to generate, build, and commercialize digital health products and services
- Information and support regarding partnerships with academic institutions and industry
We support entrepreneurial activities in pharmaceuticals, diagnostics, medical devices, and digital health across all service areas. Our support for prospective company founders includes:
- Information on spin-off/start-up creation and related funding programs
- Access to/preparation for start-up competitions
- Access to corporate and investor networks
- Incubation and acceleration of digital health solutions and spin-offs within BHI Digital Labs
We place special importance on mentoring and coaching for innovators and entrepreneurs, which we provide through a network of internal and external experts, including our key partner SPARK-BIH, which is part of Berlin Health Innovations.
The aim of SPARK-BIH is to support scientists and clinicians in translating their ideas and inventions into medical products that change clinical practice and benefit patients. This is accomplished through:
- Lectures and workshops that educate scientists and clinicians on medical translation and entrepreneurship
- Support of specific projects through regular interactive projects meetings, where feedback is given by a panel of experts, helping to de-risk and accelerate translation
SPARK-BIH is part of the global network of SPARK programs originating from Stanford University, and is supported by BIH and Stiftung Charité.