Ad-Hoc Funding Opportunity 2022 | Booster Grant to Advance Translational Research
Aim of Call
With the Research Booster Grant, we want to provide scientists in the BIH-Charité network with an ad-hoc funding opportunity that quickly meets the needs of translational oriented research projects in realizing the next steps into the clinic. This funding aims to overcome the limitations of established funding schemes and allows you to realise key steps (e.g., a tox analyses, a health technology assessment, small investments needed) towards the clinical evaluation of your research concept that you have always wanted to do but never had the means to do.
Teams consisting of at least two scientists from different research groups of the BIH-Charité network are eligible to apply. Team members can be at any stage of their career, from MD or PhD students to professors. Ideally, Charité scientists work together with BIH scientists, but this is not an inclusion criterion.
The Research Booster Grant provides up to €50,000 for experimental research to advance translationally oriented research. The money can be used for project-specific laboratory consumables or equipment and Assignments to BIH Core facilities and other.
Please note! The funds must be spent in 2022 and cannot be carried over to the next year. You therefore need to ensure that you can place the order within the Charité purchasing deadlines for 2022 and in accordance with the valid purchasing guidelines.
How to apply:
- Applications must be written in English and received by 23:59 on 20th August 2022. Applications received after this deadline will not be considered.
- Completed application form.
- Quotations for the planned equipment or research services (if applicable).
- A self-running audio PowerPoint presentation, which must be no longer than 7 minutes. Please watch this PowerPoint Presentation (< 4 min) to find out how to design your PowerPoint file.
- Please send the documents to email@example.com
Please ensure that you can be reached during the period from 21st to 30th August for any queries the jury members may have about your proposal. Therefore, please provide contact details where you can be easily reached.
Results will be announced during calendar week 36: Week beginning 29th August 2022, with the expectation that funding is spent in 2022.