Open Data Workshop
The BIH QUEST Center is offering a workshop on Open Data. The workshop is suitable for both scientists and students at the Charité and BIH, as well as MDC. External participants are welcome, but this can be subject to availability (see below).
This three-hour workshop provides an overview of the practices involved in making data freely available (Open Data), as well as in reusing such data. It is held online, and consists of a mix of lectures and excersises.
From October 2021, workshops might be shifted back to presence meetings at the Medical Library.
The workshop will answer the following questions:
- What is open data and why is it important to share data?
- How do I choose a suitable repository for archiving?
- How do I ensure that my data is easy to find and accessible?
- How do I ensure that my data are also re-usable in the long term?
- How can I consider privacy aspects?
- How do I search for useful data sets and how do I quote them?
For participation in this workshop you can receive a certificate. ECTS: 0,2
Dr. Evgeny Bobrov, Consultant for open data and research data management at the QUEST Center of the Berlin Institute of Health. He advises on the sharing of biomedical data, as well as research data management more broadly.
- Participants will receive 0,2 ECTS
- Maximal number of participants is 24, registrations beyond this will be on the waiting list
- External participants (not Charité/MDC/BIH) are welcome to register, but despite the automatic registration mail please await an additional confirmation mail; after the first six you will be placed on the waiting list, as we want to give internal participants priority for a majority of places
- Please write email@example.com if you cannot attend or in case of questions
Wednesday, August 18, 2021 (English)
Thursday, September 16, 2021 (German)
During the pandemic the workshop will be held online, via MS TEAMS. From October 2021, workshops might be shifted back to presence meetings at the Medical Library.
Workshop in English language on Wednesday, August 18, 2021 - please register here. Registration deadline August 13, 2021.
Workshop in German language on Thursday, September 16, 2021 - please register here. Registration deadline September 13, 2021.
You will then receive a confirmation; access information will follow 1-2 days before the course
Dr. Evgeny Bobrov, firstname.lastname@example.org