Facility for the systematic review and meta-analysis of animal studies – our services
Our facility, CAMARADES (Collaborative Approach to Meta-Analysis and Review of Animal Data from Experimental Studies) provides Charité researchers and the BIH with education and training on the systematic review of animal studies, and methodological support to perform robust, high quality reviews. Additionally, we review published Charité and BIH animal studies to benchmark quality and 3Rs (Replacement, Reduction, and Refinement of animal use in research) criteria, identify opportunities for improvement strategies, and monitor their impact over time. We aim to support higher quality, more ethical animal research, which is more likely to translate to benefit in human patients.
Learning & Education
We offer regular hands-on workshops for students and researchers as well as bespoke courses for your research group.
Our next workshop is:
In our "Introduction to Systematic Review & Meta Analysis of Animal Studies" workshop you will learn the major steps required to undertake a systematic review and meta-analysis of preclinical animal studies. Until further notice, this is an online workshop using a mix of lectures, hands-on practical activities, and tutorials. To find out more and register, please click here.
We also offer on-demand workshops and courses on the following topics:
- Systematic review protocol development
- Systematic literature searching
- Critical appraisal of animal literature
Please contact us here to discuss your interests and we can develop a tailored workshop for your department, be it a 1-hour slot at your regular lab meeting to a multi-day workshop for your department.
Systematic review wiki page: Find out more about every step in the preclinical systematic review and meta-analysis process along with links to resources and further reading, available at www.camarades.de.
Systematic Review HelpDesk
We offer free consultations for researchers in Berlin wanting support with their systematic review and meta-analysis of animal data.
- Do you have a research question to investigate and need help planning your systematic review or finalising your study protocol?
- Have you started a systematic review but are not sure how to progress in the most efficient way?
- Are you coming to the end of your systematic review and wondering how best to synthesize your data?
Book a free consultation to receive tailored advice on your systematic review.
How to prepare for a consultation?
- Please prepare to give a short overview of your project including what stage you are at (e.g. conceptualization, protocol development, screening, analysis)
- Please bring the latest version of your protocol with you and / or any other relevant documents (e.g. example included studies, statistical analysis plan, etc).
Our Systematic Review Facility, resources, and education program are supported by Charité 3R. For more information about the 3Rs (Replacement, Reduction and Refinement of animals in research) at Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin, visit the Charité 3Rs Toolbox.