Innovator Grants & Pre-Incubator (Pilot-Program) – Pilot Call (extended)
The aim of the Innovator Grants & Pre-Incubator (Pilot-Program) which is funded by Stiftung Charité within its “Private Excellence Initiative Johanna Quandt” is to help individuals who are working in the clinic to dedicate a ‘protected time’ – 20% up to 50% of their clinical appointment – to foster the progress of their innovative ideas until the next fundable step with a maximal duration of 18 months. We support clinicians working within the BIH ecosystem at the Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin.
The grant recipients will be supported throughout the whole program by BIH Biomedical Innovation Academy (BIA) and its network. BIA collaborates with Berlin Health Innovations as well as the SPARK Berlin Program. Once selected for the Innovator Grants & Pre-Incubator (Pilot-Program) recipients will get access to the experienced international ecosystem of BIA, e.g. individual mentoring, the educational program of its partner Spark Berlin as well as the access to the planned pre-incubator. Furthermore, all grant recipients are eligible to apply for the BIA Mobility Fund. To assure the candidates will reach the next fundable step BIA will set up a pre-incubator at BIH.
- Your innovative idea should be related to one of the following domains: Medical Devices, Digital Medicine or Diagnostics
- You should be responsible for the daily management, and should have autonomous decision-making powers within the project.
- This call is open to clinicians (including dentists) holding a doctorate with full contracts.
- It is expected that your project is already supported by basic funding (e.g. Spark, different foundations, etc.)
- Please use the link to our online application portal in the right hand side menu