In addition to the long-standing expertise of our working group in the field of bone regeneration and infection prophylaxis, our research focuses since several years on tendon regeneration. The high prevalence of tendon diseases together with the limited therapeutic treatment options highlight the need for further research in the field of tendon regeneration. The working group primarily deals with the following topics:
- Role of surrounding tissues (subacromial bursa) on the development and prevention of chronic tendon pathologies.
- Effect of mechanical loading on tenocytes and bursa cells
- Comparison of acute and chronic Achilles tendon pathologies with a focus on tendon immunology
- Effect of the adaptive immunity on the healing of acute Achilles tendon ruptures
- Tenocyte immune cell interaction
- Molecular, histological and cellular characterisation of tenocytes and bursa cells of different pathologies
- Effect of different biologica (Platelet Rich Plasma - PRP, Bone Morphogenetic Proteins - BMP) on tenocytes