New Ways of Quality Assurance in Research: Background and Practical Applications / Tools for Scientists and Laboratory Staff
Why are biomedical sciences and especially preclinical research affected by a systematic quality problem? What are the reasons and how can they be addressed? How do I make my research reproducible? How do I ensure good research quality in my laboratory? In this seminar, we want to introduce PREMIER, a new tool that provides practical solutions to answer the quality questions in research. With its modular structure, PREMIER contributes to bringing reproducibility and quality in research into the focus again.
Scientists, laboratory managers, technical staff, students
To create awareness of qualitative work in the laboratory: where are the hurdles / problems and how can they be easily solved.
Content of the Course
- Welcome and introduction
- Quality concept, elements of the research process
- PREMIER: the interactive QM system for research
- Research process flow
- Selection of three modules: (query will be made at course registration)
- Creating quality objectives (policy)
- Experimental design (creation of an experimental design)
- Evaluation (data analysis)
- Reporting (of research data, open access, open data etc.)
- Communication (setting up meeting structures)
- Documentation (wiki (knowledge sharing), electronic lab book (ELN) etc.)
- Research data management (data storage etc.)
- LabCIRS: a tool for transparent error management
- Laboratory organisation (briefings, sample management, traceability, etc.)
- Quality assurance (key figures, audits, etc.) 6. Conclusion / summary
Prerequisites for Participation
Methods of Knowledge Transfer
Presentation, group work, discussion
Date: 19.09.2023, 10 am - 4 pm (with break)
Course Language: German (the course can also be offered in English upon request)
Location: online via Teams (link to the course)
Max. number of participants: unlimited
Registration: please register here.
Please select here three modules in advance that you would like to learn about in the training.