The BIH QUEST Center is offering an online workshop on Open Data, in the English language. Please also note the following Workshops:
- Open Data workshop on 21/02/16 German
- Open Data workshop on 21/03/24 in English
- Open Data workshop on 21/04/15 in German
This three-hour workshop provides an overview of the practices involved in making data freely available (Open Data), as well as in reusing such data. It is held online, and consists of a mix of lectures and excersises.
The workshop will answer the following questions:
- What is open data and why is it important to share data?
- How do I choose a suitable repository for archiving?
- How do I ensure that my data is easy to find and accessible?
- How do I ensure that my data are also re-usable in the long term?
- How can I consider privacy aspects?
- How do I search for useful data sets and how do I reference them?
- Please register for the workshop by 21/01/14
- You will then receive a confirmation with access information
- Participants will receive 0,2 ECTS
- Maximal number of participants is 20, registrations beyond this will be on the waiting list
- If you are not at Charité/MDC/BIH you are welcome to register, but after the first five external participants you will be placed on the waiting list
- Please write firstname.lastname@example.org if you cannot attend or in case of questions
Dr. Evgeny Bobrov is officer for open data and research data management at the QUEST Center of the Berlin Institute of Health. He advises on the sharing of biomedical data, as well as research data management more broadly.