Dear Digital Health Community, Innovators and the Spark Community,
Berlin Institute of Health (BIH), the partner of the Charité BIH Entrepreneurship Summit , supported by Spark Berlin, will host a breakout session on Tuesday, May 8, 9:30 am – 11:30 am
'From Vision to Patient: Innovation in the Real World'
During the workshop -or more specific the Think Tank- we would like to show that partnerships (industry, VCs, accelerators, politics, insurance companies) are necessary to drive innovation, as very rarely does an innovation come to life by someone who worked alone. Every day there are partnerships being formed, deals being done. It is the business of Innovation and every entrepreneur needs to know about it. This is your chance to hear all sides of the story.
This Forum will look at the partnerships that are valuable in shaping creativity and creating innovation that leads to ideas reaching patients, what is to be gained and what can be lost and how the process is set to change for digital solutions. Will MedTech and Pharma dominate digital innovation or will we see a whole new paradigm for partnership emerge?
The panels will include representatives from leading MedTech, Pharma and Digital Industries, investors, scientists, entrepreneurs, and startups as well as insurance providers and policymakers, as everyone has a critical part in the business of innovation. Join us for a fun and open discussion on the business of innovation, for you, the entrepreneur.
(Please find more information on the panels below)
The workshop is free of charge, but registration is required.
So please everyone join us to learn more from our international and experienced panelists how good partnerships can foster innovation!
Panel 1 – Industry: 5 Representatives from Pharma, Med Tech, Digital
Panel Chair: Bodo Brückner, Life Sciences Accelerator Baden Württemberg, Mannheim (confirmed)
• Heike A. Wieland, Head Extl. Ecosystems R&D Hub Germany Sanofi-Aventis Deutschland GmbH (confirmed)
• Timo Paulus, Director Innovation and Business Development DACH, Program Office Philips Research (confirmed)
• Paola Casarosa , SVP and head of BD&L, Boehringer Ingelheim (confirmed)
• Philip Tessenow, Senior Developer BitCrowd (confirmed)
• Representative Mass Bio, Boston (invited)
• RepresentativeWolff Pharma (invited)
Panel 2 - Investors: 5 representatives from VC, investors, Angels, Corporate investors
Panel Chair: Jasper Evers, Co-Founder, Whale Bay & Co, Co-Founder Holland-US-Bridge
• Michael Brehm, Partner Redstone.vc & Founder i2x.ai, Berlin (confirmed)
• James Peyer, Managing Partner Apollo Ventures, Hamburg (confirmed)
• Anula Jayasuriya, Founder & Managing Director Exxclaim Capital, Los Altos (confirmed)
• Charlie Cameron, Angel Investor & Senior Vice President Business Development, Cooley, Boston (confirmed)
Panel 3 – Catalyze Innovators
Panel Chair: Jorge Fernandez Garcia, Director of Innovation, EIT Health (confirmed)
• Annika Pierson, Co-founder & CCO ACI, Cambridge, MA, (confirmed)
• Dietmar Frey, Co-founder, Prediction 2020, Berlin (confirmed)
• Julius Emmrich, Co-founder mTomady, Charité, Berlin (confirmed)
• Larisa Kryuchkova, Co-founder & CEO Uvisio (confirmed)
• Vedrana Högqvist Tabor, CEO & Cofounder Boothhealth (confirmed)
• Sebastian Sujka, CEO xbird GmbH - Medical AI, Berlin (confirmed)
Panel 4 – Influencers: Representatives from policymakers in Germany, EU, International, insurance companies
Panel Chair: Markus Müschenich, Managing Partner Flying Health, Berlin (confirmed)
• Evert Jan van Lente, Director EU affairs AOK (confirmed)
• Lynette Wood, Australian Ambassador to Germany, Berlin (confirmed)
• Doron Abrahami, Head of Economy and Trade Mission, Embassy of the State of Israel, Berlin (confirmed)
• Craig Garner, Founder Spark at Stanford, Berlin (confirmed)
• Representative from the German Government (invited)