[Diese Seite ist nur in Englisch verfügbar.]
The Precision Medicine Task Group of the Metabolomics Society in partnership with Metabolomics Association of North America (MANA) and other organizations and interest groups is organizing a virtual workshop on Single Cell Metabolomics, to be held on Friday, February 26, 2021 4:00 – 7:00 pm CET (10:00 am – 1:00 pm EST). Dr. Jennifer Kirwan, head of the BIH Core Facility Metabolomics, is one of the organizers.
Omics at single cell resolution has expanded very rapidly, most obviously in genomics/transcriptomics. However, this approach lacks direct analysis of function, such as cellular metabolism. Most tissues are fundamentally heterogeneous at the cellular level, and heterogeneity is a hallmark of several pathologies including cancer.
The workshop will comprise invited talks and a general open discussion forum.
AREAS OF INTEREST INCLUDE:
- Intrinsic technical problems and current status
- Imaging based methods (MS, microdissection, optical, other)
- Prospects for stable isotope tracing at single cell resolution
- Emerging approaches and applications
- Thomas Hankemeier & Ahmed Ali, University of Leiden
- Jonathan Sweedler, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
- Nimmi Ramanujam, Duke University
- Ian Gilmore, National Physical Laboratory, London
- Shawn Davidson, Princeton University
- Discussion Session
- Andrew N. Lane, University of Kentucky
- Mioara Larion, National Institutes of Health
- Jennifer Kirwan, Berlin Institute of Health
- Rima F Kaddurah-Daouk, Duke University School of Medicine
To register for free, please email Lisa Howerton at firstname.lastname@example.org