The BIH QUEST Center is offering an online workshop on Open Data. Please also note the Open Data workshop on 21/09/16 German.
This three-hour workshop provides an overview of the practices involved in making data freely available (Open Data), as well as in reusing such data. It is held online, and consists of a mix of lectures and excersises.
The workshop will answer the following questions:
- What is open data and why is it important to share data?
- How do I choose a suitable repository for archiving?
- How do I ensure that my data is easy to find and accessible?
- How do I ensure that my data are also re-usable in the long term?
- How can I consider privacy aspects?
- How do I search for useful data sets and how do I reference them?
Dr. Evgeny Bobrov is officer for open data and research data management at the QUEST Center of the Berlin Institute of Health. He advises on the sharing of biomedical data, as well as research data management more broadly.