This event will focus on the mental health of early career researchers (ECRs – graduate students and postdocs), and how the Covid-19 pandemic had altered the research landscape in Berlin. Using interactive formats, we will begin by exploring the root causes of poor mental health among ECRs, then move to brainstorming possible solutions at the level of individuals, PIs/supervisors, and institutions. We will further dive into insights provided by a virtual brainstorming event in Februrary 2021, where ECRs, mental health experts, leaders from university institutions and community groups came together to discuss these challenges and share experiences.
Supporting the Mental Health of ECRs During the Pandemic: Lessons Learned From a Community Virtual Brainstorming Event
In this workshop, we will explore causes of and solutions to mental health challenges related to Covid-19 for early-career researchers.
- Jelena Brasanac, PhD fellow in Medical Neurosciences at Charité | Co-Founder at Dragonfly Mental Health
- Natascha Drude, Postdoc BIH QUEST Center for Responsible Research
- Martin Holst, PhD fellow, BIH QUEST Center for Responsible Research
- Constance Holman, Project manager BIH QUEST Center for Responsible Research
- Tracey Weissgerber, Group leader BIH QUEST Center for Responsible Research
See also the lecture series of Charité and BIH"Mental Health From a Diversity Perspective - A Series of Lectures and Workshops" (in German)