CALL FOR PROPOSALS: VALIDATION FUND / SPARK-BIH
+++ Please Note: The application period for the call 2020 for translational proposals is closed now. +++
The Berlin Institute of Health (BIH) and BIH Innovations – the joint technology transfer office (TTO) of the BIH and Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin (Charité) – together with SPARK-BIH are pleased to announce their third call for proposals.
The funding program supports the development of novel therapeutics (small molecule, biologic, ATMP), medical devices and diagnostics for unmet medical needs, as well as repurposing of existing drugs for new indications. Projects can come from any medical field.
Exclusively, Scientists and Clinicians from BIH, Charité and MDC are eligible to apply
- Do you want to validate your research findings with the goal of translating these into therapies, products or services?
- Do you work on a new technology, therapy or medical solution with clinical potential, but the developmental know-how is lacking?
- We offer funding and mentoring to de-risk projects with high potential impact, addressing critical unmet medical needs for any indication.
- Selected projects become part of the SPARK-BIH program. We help you to establish Intellectual Property and to learn what translation is all about.
The funding program consists of two different tracks:
Track 1 projects are usually earlier in the development timeline. They will be funded with a budget of up to 50K EUR for one year (see 'Guide for Applicants - Track 1').
Track 2 projects are further along the development timeline and must meet strict requirements regarding intellectual property rights and market access strategies. A substantial data package describing the previous findings of the project is a clear requirement for application. Funding covers projects with a financial need of more than 50K EUR for up to two years. (see 'Guide for Applicants - Track 2').
Project funding is strictly milestone-based. If it is determined at any point that the project goals cannot be met anymore, the funding will be terminated.
- All applicants who are unsure whether their project is suitable for this funding program are encouraged to contact the Validation Fund/SPARK-BIH team before submitting a proposal to ensure that their project meets the requirements of the call.
- The BIH seeks to increase the diversity of its funding programs. Women, individuals from underrepresented racial and ethnic groups, as well as individuals with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply for BIH programs.
- To apply, please submit your Track 1 /Track 2 proposal before June 18 14:00 CET, 2020 using the BIH application portal.
- Applicants of selected Track 1 or Track 2 projects will be invited to pitch their proposals on 7 or 8 September 2020 in front of an expert committee.
- Project start: 2021
More detailed information will be communicated in due time