The Sanofi Innovation Awards (iAwards) program was created in the US, and is launched this year in Europe. Members of BIH may apply.
The Sanofi iAwards program is a global initiative by Sanofi, in which promising projects are identified at partner institutions. The Berlin Institute of Health – together with Charité – Universitätsmedizin and Max-Delbrück-Center for Molecular Medicine in the Helmholtz Association (MDC) – is proud to have been selected as a partner in this exclusive program.
The aim of the iAward program
- Identify and help develop innovative and translational research proposals that could lead to the development of effective and safer therapeutic solutions for patients
- Provide one year seed funding of 100.000 Euro to each selected proposal, a dedicated Sanofi project champion, in-kind resources and expertise deemed necessary by Sanofi
Build strong relationships within each partner institution to identify early research projects aligned with Sanofi’s strategic areas of interest
We are happy to announce a call for proposals in the iAwards program. We invite scientists and clnicians of Charité and MDC to submit proposals.
Therapeutic Areas of Interest and Pre-Proposal Criteria
The first round of the iAwards Europe Program will focus on proposals within the following therapeutic areas:
- Cardiovascular Diseases
- Diabetes / Cardiometabolic Diseases
- Neurosciences / Neurology
- Immune Oncology
- Immunology Rare Diseases
- Infectious Diseases
- Digital Technologies
Proposals must provide objectives and work-plan achievable in 12 months and strong rationale for benefit to patients.
Criteria for Pre-proposals within these therapeutic areas
- New and actionable knowledge about disease relevant targets, pathways and mechanisms
- Early stage compounds or biologics targeting novel disease mechanisms
- New models for validating disease relevant targets
- Technology platforms with the potential to significantly improve drug discovery and development
- Novel therapeutic modalities
Timeline of iAwards program
- Anoucement of Request for Pre-Proposal: November 6, 2017
- Deadline of Submission of Pre-Proposals: December, 17, 2017
- Notification by Sanofi of pre-proposals chosen to be pursued as Detailed Proposals: January, 16, 2018
- Review of Detailed Proposals: Late March 2018
- Information about funding decision: by April 10, 2018
Please note: Please keep in mind that this program has pre-agreed terms, which might not be appropriate for some projects and might exclude these from participating in the program. These terms cover, among other aspects, intellectual property rights, regulations regarding publications, material transfer aspects, and who can be involved in the projects.